Business Plan Resources
Your business plan is the foundation that will help you to achieve your goals. Many resources are available with counseling at your Small Business Center, SCORE or on-line. BLNC business couselors can guide you to this information and much more. Call 1-800-228-8443 during business hours or visit the links below.
The Small Business Center Network of the North Carolina Community College System offers business planning assistance as well as a guide for start-up and established businesses.
Please see our Financial Resources section for financial guidance. Many programs are available to assist you from CAN or Capital Access Network with your loan applications to information about the NC CAP - Capital Access Program.
- Creating a Business Plan offered through the SBA, this podcast offers expert advice on writing a good business plan
- U.S. Small Business Administration and the U.S. Postal Service bring you Delivering Success video interviews with successful entrepreneurs who share the lessons they've learned about owning a small business
- American Express offers an article "How to Write a Business Plan" in the OPEN Fourm
- BizPlanit offers an on-line Virtual Business Plan based on real-world business planning advice
- BPlan offers free sample business plans
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh offers sample business plans and profiles for specific business types
- Entrepreneur Magazine provides several articles and resources for creating business plans from a Beauty Salon to Wholesale and Distributor
- SBA provides step by step instructions for creating your business plan
- SBTDC business start up guide and resources
- SCORE has a business plan for your start up